Sometimes, especially in summer, food speaks for itself:
This Week’s Share
- ARUGULA: an aromatic, bright green, salad green with a peppery mustard flavor
- GENOVESE BASIL
- GREEN BEANS
- BEETS or KOHLRABI — sadly, it was kohlrabi
- CARROTS (Sugarsnax)
- SWEET CORN (Montauk): bicolor kernel with superior, sweet flavor and remarkably tender.
- SWEET PEPPERS
- FRESH HERBS: Parsley— dark green leaves have a strong parsley/celery flavor for use dried or fresh; Rosemary– pine needle-like leaves.
- KALE (Green Curly)
- YELLOW ONIONS (Olympic): medium-sized yellow bulbs for short-term storage.
- NEW POTATOES: You may choose Red Norland (smooth, red skin and white flesh) or Yukon Gold (delicious, medium-dry, yellow flesh).
- SUMMER SQUASH
- TOMATOES: Sun Gold Cherry, Red Grape, Chiquita, Juliet
- Muskovich—heirloom with deep red color & rich taste.
- Buffalo Ruby Red—long popular Dutch beefsteak tomato.
- Debarao—deep red heirloom tomato, medium size , oval, plum variety used for sauces and salads.
- Brandywine—deep pink heirloom tomato with smooth, red flesh; delicious flavor and large (1 lb.) fruit.
- Rose—deep pink heirloom tomato, which is large, meaty, and flavorful.
- Green Zebra–delicious, tangy salad tomato; ripe just as green fruit develops a yellow blush, accentuating the darker green stripes; beautiful sliced into wedges for salads.
Tender, delicious, aromatic, smooth red flesh. A yellow blush. Meaty and flavorful. Beautiful.
Chop some things. Cook some others. Add butter and salt. Dinner.